“Our hearts are restless until they rest in you.” – St. Augustine (Confessions)
Come as you are. You may be a non-Catholic open to learning about our faith or a Catholic wanting to learn (or re-learn) the basics of Catholic teaching. You may be searching for deeper knowledge, including the ability to answer questions from family and friends. Perhaps you want to grow in relationship with God through prayer or find support to raise your children in the faith. Whatever your situation, we hope to offer you a place to begin.
At Holy Ghost Parish, we are more than a faith community: we are a parish family. We are part of the worldwide Church, the Body of Christ. Coming together at Sunday Mass is the best expression of our unity in Christ. In addition, we offer a variety of Faith and Discipleship opportunities:
- “Catholic Netflix”: Watch, Study, Listen, or Read (English and Spanish content)
- FREE access through Holy Ghost Parish: parish code WPK4JB (enter code, then set up your personal account)
- Includes engaging content for all levels, including the popular “Symbolon” series
LEARNING FAITH BASICS
- Youth/Religious Education
- Sacramental Preparation
- RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) a/k/a “Catholicism 101” (contact pastor to enroll)
ADULT DISCIPLESHIP FORMATION (located at rectory unless noted): Check our weekly bulletin for updates and periodic cancellations/scheduling changes. Drop-ins welcome.
- Adult Faith Formation (6:00 p.m. Wednesdays)
- Men’s Group (5:00 p.m. Thursdays)
- “Women at the Well” Women’s Group (6:15 p.m. Thursdays)
- Book Club (contact pastor)
- Opportunities for Retreats, Conferences, and Special Programs
- Eucharistic Adoration (Thursdays 4:30 – 7:30 p.m. in the church)
- Exposition at 4:30, Benediction (blessing) at 7:30 p.m.
- “Holy Hour for Conversion” 5:15 – 6:15 p.m. with Holy Rosary at 6:00 p.m.
- Typically, adorers attend for one hour, offering a “Holy Hour,” but whatever time you are able to spend with the Lord will be well worth it. A sign-up sheet is located in the back of the church but “drop-in” adorers are always welcome.
- Pope Francis: Eucharistic Adoration and knowing the love of Christ
- Reasons to consider offering a Holy Hour in Eucharistic Adoration
FAMILIES & PARENTS
- Holy Ghost EPIC Family Group (Contact: Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Teaching the Way of Love (Parenting Support, several monthly meeting options)
OTHER FAITH RESOURCES
- Prayer Resources: free for the taking, located in the church entryway or by request, e.g. monthly devotionals, rosaries, prayer cards
- Parish Library: selection of spiritual and theological reading available to check out, including popular titles from authors such as Dr. Scott Hahn (church entryway)
- Online Resources:
- Chippewa Falls Faith Formation
- Service & Outreach are also critical parts of our Holy Ghost Parish Faith Life
“Come to him, to that living stone, rejected by men but in God’s sight chosen and precious; and like living stones be yourselves built into a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood.” (1 Peter 2:4-5)
Prayer (Fides) – Understanding (Ratio) – Service (Caritas)
One final note for those who are seeking: We have Good News for you.
The truth written on our hearts and minds leads to timeless Truth. The good in us is a participation in the Good. The beauty of creation announces the Creator. Each of us is a unique person, body and soul. God has created you for a unique purpose.
God revealed himself in the Person of Jesus Christ, by whose life, death, and resurrection we are redeemed from sin and given hope for eternal happiness. He did not leave us to fend for ourselves. Jesus sent his Holy Spirit and founded a Church to continue his mission. God invites you to a personal relationship with him, in communion with his Church.
Does this sound too good to be true? We invite you to come and find out.